I have expertise with a broad range of software, software testing and Internet technologies including C#, Asp.Net, Asp.Net MVC, Ruby on Rails, jQuery, MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL and MySQL.
I have a proven track record of successfully designing, developing, testing and deploying numerous web-based applications.
Recent technical experience and skills include:
- 8 years using C# as my principal language (prior work in VBA and VB.Net). Active member of the local .Net users group.
- 12 years of experience with the .Net framework.
- Expertise with SQL databases (including MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL and MySQL); import/export/data processing; and text-based data stores (CSV, YAML, XML). Knowledge of query optimizations and stored procedures.
Branch Banking and Trust
Raleigh, NC (2011 - present)
IT Systems Consultant
Created a web-based version, using C# and ASP.Net MVC, of a BB&T branch client management application. This application is being used by a fraud detection group. In the 1st full month of the application's operation, the results have been impressive, yielding a 73% increase in closed cases, 19% increase in confirmed fraud cases, and over 18,000 cases handled without associate assistance. The fraud detection group predicts that loss avoidance will be over $2 million annually.
Worked on an in-house iPad application using Objective-C. Developed a Java web application utilized as a back end by the iPad application. This work touched most of the mobile banking stack; service integration using TIBCO, business logic, validation and controller logic.
Create new features, maintain and support a Windows application used in over 1400 locations. Automated and improved the application's build process, which reduced the build effort by over 25%.
Alliance Hospitality Management LLC
Raleigh, NC (2007 - 2011)
Senior Software Engineer
Developed an application for the hospitality industry using Ruby, Ruby on Rails and MySQL.
Developed a web-based forecasting tool using ASP.Net MVC.
Implemented a reporting system utilizing ASP.Net MVC and SQL Server Reporting Services.
Developed a web-based data entry app for invoice management and transmittal using ASP.Net MVC3.
In conjunction with the above app, a WCF service was developed to supply data to the application.
Developed a flight status data gathering application that runs as a Windows Server service and displays flight status data in a web browser on in-lobby monitors.
Successfully converted a mission critical project from a .Net 1.1 application to a .Net 2.0 application and upgraded the project's database from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005.
Implement, maintain and monitor all production and development databases on a SQL Server 2005 installation.
Durham, NC (2005 - 2006)
Integral member of the Internet development/design team. Performed object-oriented web application development, designed web pages and coded new programs. Also performed the full spectrum of Web-related tasks as required by the firm’s customers, including rapid prototyping, design and layout, graphics creation and optimization, server-side programming (primarily .Net), standards-compliant XHTML and CSS, testing, training, hosting, security and ongoing updates.
- Made modifications and additions to an existing online order entry system for the United States Air Force. Project made heavy use of .Net technologies and SQL Server 2000.
- Assisted in the design and was the primary developer for both the marketing portion and the intranet portion of the website for the Institute for Defense and Business, a University of North Carolina based non-profit.
Canoe Creek Software
Wake Forest, NC (1996 - 2005)
Involved in every aspect of the business including: strategic planning, sales and marketing, managing a team of four programmers, writing code, developing design specs and preparing quotes for custom programming.
As a contractor for TEK Systems, developed an Inventory application for the City of Wilson. This application is targeted for the
Windows Mobile 2003 Operating System using the .Net Compact Framework, VB.Net, SQL CE, SQL Server and SQL Reporting Services.
It includes replication between SQL CE and SQL Server databases. Hardware integration includes an IPAQ 1940 and a Baracoda
BaracodaPencil bar code scanner communicating using the Bluetooth protocol. Began development of a Web-based .Net application
to be used in conjunction with this .Net Compact Framework Inventory application.
Also mentored another employee in .Net technologies.
- As a contractor for TEK Systems, developed an Inventory application for the City of Wilson. This application is targeted for the Windows Mobile 2003 Operating System using the .Net Compact Framework, VB.Net, SQL CE, SQL Server and SQL Reporting Services. It includes replication between SQL CE and SQL Server databases. Hardware integration includes an IPAQ 1940 and a Baracoda BaracodaPencil bar code scanner communicating using the Bluetooth protocol. Began development of a Web-based .Net application to be used in conjunction with this .Net Compact Framework Inventory application.
North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC)